Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Introducing Mummy Lozz



Hi my name is Mummy Lozz and I’m a 28 year old first time mummy!

I’m from Hobart, Tasmania (yep right down the bottom) and in our house there is me (Mummy Lozz), daddy, Turtle and our three cats Matilda, Charlotte and Jasper. Turtle LOVES the cats, but the cats are still getting use to and tolerating having her around. Most of the time the cats are not overly impressed.

For almost 9 years I have worked as an early childhood educator and through the years have worked mostly in long day care but also as a nanny and in after school care programs. At the moment I work in long day care 2 days a week and Turtle is lucky to have her daddy and nanna look after her when I’m at work.

My pregnancy was (lets just say) interesting. Unfortunately I did not have the greatest time due to having Hyperemesis Gravidarum (severe morning sickness) and was in and out of hospital until they found an anti-neasua medication that luckily helped me get through the rest of the pregnancy.

I had an elected caesarean due to my cerebral palsy, that causes weakness to my left side. The caesarean went according to plan, with a small hiccup of Turtle not breathing as well as they would of liked. She was taken immediately to NICU, her breathing picked up normally very quickly but she stayed there for 6 hours under observation and was put on antibiotics for 4 days as a precaution.

This was so hard for me as I did not get a first hug till 6 hours later and at first I found it a little hard to connect with her but the bond didn’t take long to form :)

We absolutely adore our Turtle and keeps us smiling every day she made us a family and we love watching her grow. She has such a confidence in her at such a young age and is such a happy, easy going, humorous delight. She is a force to be reckoned with but we love that about her.

I have such a passion for supporting and helping children learn and I’m so thrilled to be a part of the playful baby series. :)

Check out Mummy Lozz's most popular post A playspace for Turtle by clicking on the picture below.
http://squigglesandbubbles.blogspot.com.au/2017/01/a-playspace-for-turtle.html

 Please always supervise your infant/child at play.  Please stay within arms reach and never leave infants/children unattended.  You know you're infant/child best, use your own judgement-considering your infant/child's temperament, habits, behaviour and development before you play with a new play medium.



Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment