Friday, July 18, 2014

Turmeric, Chamomile and Portuguese Playdough


Do you remember my Chamomile Playdough recipe and how we played with it? When we’d finished I placed the herbs and flowers into a plastic container along with the playdough to play with another day. I also added some Turmeric and Portuguese Playdough with the intention of setting up an invitation the following the day, however Bubbles saw me and insisted on playing straight away. The Turmeric playdough was frozen as I’d just taken it out of the freezer and the Portuguese Playdough was warm as I’d defrosted it in the microwave.
Bubbles really surprised me with this activity as up until this point Bubbles wouldn’t tolerate anything touching her feet. Unfortunately we don’t have any grass in our yard and although I took every opportunity I could to expose Bubbles’ feet to the feeling of grass and sand when we’re at the beach and park she just didn’t like touching things with her feet. You can imagine my surprise then when she willingly started feeling the playdough with her feet!
I immediately took advantage of the opportunity and encouraged her to place her feet in the herbs and flowers…and she did!

Bubbles now loves running around barefoot, a fact I attribute to this activity and a family camping trip.

Has play helped your littlies overcome any fears? I’d love to hear your stories!
Victoria

Please always supervise your infant/child at play.  Please stay within arms reach and never leave infants/children unattended.  You know you're infant/child best, use your own judgement-considering your infant/child's temperament, habits, behaviour and development before you play with a new play medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment