Monday, April 21, 2014

Pom Pom Toddler Play

This simple little activity saved me several times whilst I was recovering from my surgery. This activity is really super easy to set up and cheap too! All you need is pom poms and one or more muffin tins!
 I didn't provide any direction but rather provided the materials and let Bubbles play how she chose. She spent literally hours during my recovery, simply sorting the pom poms into colours or creating patterns in the muffin tins-her only complaint was that there weren't enough muffin tins.

She also surprised me by noticing the square pattern on Mum and Dad's rug and using it as a giant play mat. I really truly love providing the girls with open ended play materials and just watching the ways in which they choose to play.

How have your kids surprised you during play?
-Victoria

Please always supervise your infant/child at play.  Please stay within arms reach and never leave infants/children unattended.  You know you're infant/child best, use your own judgement-considering your infant/child's temperament, habits, behaviour and development before you play with a new play medium.



No comments:

Post a Comment